Skip to content
WREKIN COLLEGE TRIATHLON CLUB CLUB WILL:
- Promote the health and welfare of children by providing opportunities for them to take part in swimming safely.
- Respect and promote the rights, wishes and feelings of children.
- Promote and implement appropriate procedures to safeguard the well being of children and protect them from abuse.
- Recruit, train, support and supervise its members, employees, volunteers and coaches to adopt best practice to safeguard and protect children from abuse and to minimise risk to themselves.
- Require members, volunteers and employees to adopt and abide by this Child Protection Policy and these procedures.
- Respond to any allegations of misconduct or abuse of a child in line with this Policy and these Procedures as well as implementing, where appropriate, the relevant disciplinary and appeals procedures.
- Review and evaluate this Policy and these Procedures on a regular basis.
- The welfare of children is the Club’s primary concern.
- All children, whatever their age, culture, disability, gender, language, racial origin, socio-economic status, religious belief and/or sexual identity have the right to protection from abuse.
- It is everyone’s responsibility to report any concerns about abuse, to the child welfare officer of the club. It is the Swimming Club’s responsibility to liaise with the BFT and act where necessary after taking advice from the BFT and Social Services Department and/or Police. It is the responsibility of the BFT and these agencies to conduct, where appropriate, a joint investigation.
- All incidents of alleged poor practice, misconduct and abuse will be taken seriously and responded to swiftly and appropriately.
- All personal data will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- The Swimming Club has a responsibility to maintain confidentiality in all cases involving child welfare in line with current legislation.
- This Policy and these Procedures will be regularly monitored and reviewed: In accordance with changes in legislation and guidance on the welfare of children or any changes within the Swimming Club, or the BFT.
- Following any issues or concerns raised about the welfare of children within the Swimming Club.
- In all other circumstances, at least annually.
WHO TO CONTACT
- You can contact Wrekin College Triathlon Club Club Welfare Officer.
OTHER USEFUL NUMBERS & CONTACTS